The Open Course #4 is inspired by Colonial #12 Par 4.
Inspiration: This par 4’s layout was inspired by the 12th hole at Colonial Country Club in Fort Worth, Texas.
Details: A slight dogleg left, this hole is a prime example of why Colonial is referred to as “Hogan’s Alley”. This narrow fairway, protected by water on the right side, requires both precision and length from the tee.
History: This narrow, superbly challenging course was an immense favorite of the late, great Ben Hogan, thus, the affectionate nickname “Hogan’s Alley”. Designed by John Bredemus; renovated by Perry Maxwell (prior to the 1941 U.S. Open), Robert Trent Jones (1960, Jay Moorish and Bob Cupp (1982). In 1941, Colonial was the first club in the south to host the U.S. Open, and has hosted the PGA Tour’s Colonial Invitational since 1946.